– 1 fillet of salmon, rinsed and patted dry. Bones removed.
– 1 cup pesto (my recipe for homemade pesto can be found below).
– Salt and pepper.
– Optional: 1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese.
– Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
– Place salmon fillet on large piece of aluminum foil (big enough to wrap the salmon in). Season with salt and pepper.
– Spread pesto evenly over top of salmon, then wrap the foil around it (not too tightly, you want the heat to be able to circulate well).
– Place on baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes (cooking time may vary and depend on your desired degree of doneness).
– Optional: Once salmon is nearly done, remove from oven and switch to broil. Unwrap foil and sprinkle the parmesan cheese on top. Leave foil unwrapped and broil on top rack for 1 minute. This will give you a nice parmesan crust!
Homemade Pesto Ingredients:
– 2 cups packed fresh basil.
– 3 cloves garlic.
– 1/3 cup pine nuts.
– 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil.
– Salt and pepper to taste.
– Place all ingredients except the olive oil in a blender or food processor and blend to desired consistency while slowly adding the olive oil.
By Dr. Stephanie Auerbach