This is an amalgamation of recipes to make it paleo friendly and free of eggs, dairy and gluten. I used mini muffin tins and really enjoyed them as a light snack. I made my own almond flour which was less tedious then expected although it did involve both a food processor and a coffee grinder. Search the web to get the details or just pick some up at your local grocery store. Enjoy!
* 1 1/2 cup almond flour
* 2 tablespoons ground flaxseeds
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
* pinch of nutmeg
* pinch of salt
* 2 bananas, mashed
* 2 tablespoons ground flaxseeds soaked in 6 tablespoons water
* 1 tablespoon honey
* 1 tablespoon coconut oil
* 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1/3 chopped walnuts or dark (organic) chocolate chips
– Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place muffins cups in muffin tin or oil tins with coconut oil and set aside.
– Soak 2 tbsp flaxseeds in 6 tbsp water and set aside.
– Mix together all the dry ingredients except the nuts/chocolate chips.
– In a separate bowl, mix all the wet ingredients together, including the soaked flaxseeds.
– Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients, add nuts/chocolate chips and stir until just combined.
– Fill the muffin tins only 3/4 full. Bake 15-25 minutes (depending on the size of your muffin tins) or until a toothpick comes out clean.
– Let cool before eating.
By Marsha Hamilton